Attn: Ham operators, RFI / EFI filters

From: Walt Felix (Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 07:47:21 EDT

Got a question from a guy at work I want to pass to the list. He has a 2000
Dakota Quad Cab with a Mobile Ham unit and gets an unacceptable level of
interference. He asked if I knew of any decent RFI filters. Since I don't
know much about Ham setups, I told him I would pass it to the list. I told
him I recall reading a TSB some time back that had recommend positive and
grounding points specified. I also recall something about interference from
the fuel pump but he didn't think that was the issue because it appears the
interference changes with engine speed.

Any Suggestions?

Walt