Re: stuck wheel

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 19:42:04 EDT

Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:
: On Jul 14, 2004, at 16:05, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

:> Might still be a problem if they were left on for a long time,
:> but my wheels come off every 6 months and the anti-sieze seems to
:> be sufficient. The one time my wheels got stuck was after I
:> had swapped them out for the mudders, so they had gotten stuck
:> in only 6 months or less.

: You know, I forgot to follow up on that... the other front came
: right off, but both rears were seized. I put the lug nuts back on, and
: backed them off about one thread, then turned the truck around twice
: and they'd both come loose. I like that method =)

   I'll have to remember that in case I come across a stubborn one.
:-) Most times though that would probably require putting it back
down on the ground (off jacks/jackstands/etc) and possibly putting
other wheels back on, which may or may not be the same size. :-)
I'll probably be lazy and hit it some with the hammer. Good to
know there is an alternative though. :-)

: Might not work as well in the front with that huge hub sticking out,
: though... I think it would probably still pop 'er loose. I'll
: probably find out next time, since I didn't re-goop.

    Heh! Yeah, those front hubs can be fun with the stock wheels.
:-) (Also means the tires can't be rotated properly on the stock
rims.) :-P

:> : by the way - I'll probably have the chance to join Adam in showing up
:> : quite early. would you mind if I took advantage of your welder and
:> : sawzall for a couple days? I have a project in mind....
:>
:>
:> Sure, as long as ya don't break 'em. ;-) Actually, if you plan
:> to use the sawzall, you might want to bring some blades appropriate
:> to the material you intend to cut, as I think I recently bent up my
:> last one and haven't gotten around to picking up some more yet.

: no problem. anything else you'd like to have show up in return for
: letting me use make use of your equipments' MTBF? tool-wise,
: drink-wise, etc-wise?

  I believe I will require (puts pinkie to corner of mouth) ONE
MIIIIIILLION DOLLARS! MU...MUWA...MUWAAAAAHAAAHAHAAAHAAAAAA!
(strokes cat)

: I was thinking of showing up monday, but I took a job that afternoon,
: so I'll be there sometime tuesday. thanks a lot!

   Okie dokie. I probably won't be around too much for the first
part of the week due to work, but should be able to stick around
a bit more towards thurs or so. Anybody else have any ETA estimates
yet? :-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'