Re: stuck wheel

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 01:14:35 EDT

On Jul 14, 2004, at 16:05, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Might still be a problem if they were left on for a long time,
> but my wheels come off every 6 months and the anti-sieze seems to
> be sufficient. The one time my wheels got stuck was after I
> had swapped them out for the mudders, so they had gotten stuck
> in only 6 months or less.

   You know, I forgot to follow up on that... the other front came
right off, but both rears were seized. I put the lug nuts back on, and
backed them off about one thread, then turned the truck around twice
and they'd both come loose. I like that method =)

   Might not work as well in the front with that huge hub sticking out,
though... I think it would probably still pop 'er loose. I'll
probably find out next time, since I didn't re-goop.

> : by the way - I'll probably have the chance to join Adam in showing up
> : quite early. would you mind if I took advantage of your welder and
> : sawzall for a couple days? I have a project in mind....
>

> Sure, as long as ya don't break 'em. ;-) Actually, if you plan
> to use the sawzall, you might want to bring some blades appropriate
> to the material you intend to cut, as I think I recently bent up my
> last one and haven't gotten around to picking up some more yet.

no problem. anything else you'd like to have show up in return for
letting me use make use of your equipments' MTBF? tool-wise,
drink-wise, etc-wise?

I was thinking of showing up monday, but I took a job that afternoon,
so I'll be there sometime tuesday. thanks a lot!

--
Michael Maskalans         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>
98 Dakota 5.2 CC 4x4 on 32s   84 RamCharger 5.9 4x4 on 35s