Re: stuck wheel

From: mike-lists@tepidcola.com
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 01:08:27 EDT

In article <cd74oc$pk$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, jon@dakota-truck.net writes:

> I'll probably be lazy and hit it some with the hammer.

whether the hammer is an easier solution is debatable..... depends on just how
stuck the wheel is! I certainly exherted a holy hell of a lot of effort on my
first stuck wheel with no progress at all. It was a bit easier to throw one
tire and three sets of nuts on, I thought =)

> Heh! Yeah, those front hubs can be fun with the stock wheels.
> :-) (Also means the tires can't be rotated properly on the stock
> rims.) :-P

not on mine - the rear 9.25" has the same diameter center hubs - it's just that
they're 3/8" long instead of 6" long, so all 5 of my rims are identical.

> Okie dokie. I probably won't be around too much for the first
> part of the week due to work, but should be able to stick around
> a bit more towards thurs or so.

cool. so if I get too crazy I can surprise you too <g>

--
Mike Maskalans
dreaming of the *reliable* 20 y/o truck....