Plug Wires, Service Manual, Valve Cover Vent & Computer Flashing

From: Cory LaBoucane (waterbody@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 01:16:59 EDT

Good Day;

Need some help with some issues:

1) Could you suggest a durable set of aftermarket plug
wires for the 97 318 magnum and where I can purchase them?
Something in colors would help since I am attempting to add
some color under the hood.

2) What is a good service manual for a 97 318 dak? Also,
where can I purchase it?

3) Does anyone know where I can purchase an open air vent
for the valve cover on the 318? I am hoping to find a K&N
part number, or better yet, the place where someone has
purchased the complete assembly (filter and mount). I have
seen pictures on previous DML rides, and was hoping someone
could help out.
4) Has anyone had any experience with flashing the computer
on a 318? I was at the dealership today and they said that
flashing isn't great b/c there will be power loss. Lately
I have been experiencing a ping under load (usually at
around 60-80 km/h)and it feels like a timing issue. I have
ruled out the intake gasket because it was recently
replaced. If anyone has any suggestions regarding this
issue, please submit. I have tried using higher octane
fuel; it clears up the ping, but takes away any power from
the 318.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cory