Re: New guy

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 10:43:52 EDT

<werlax@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Thanks much for the invite! It's a bit short notice so I won't be making
it
> this year. I tend to have to plan these types of getaways in advance (two
> kids and a wife). I watched a large number of the videos on the site and
> they look like a great time. I don't think my (currently) stock Dak is up
> to some of those challenges. :) I have so many parts coming, though,
that
> it won't be stock for long. Besides, I don't plan on parting with it for
> long time, so I'll have to watch for next years event. I'll make sure to
> check out the details of this years gathering so I can prep for next year.

I must have missed your original email, so welcome to the list, and I'm
sorry you can't make it to the BBQ. Maybe next year you can come down with
Tom so we can all leave together again if I can go next year as well.

Most of the guys that ride the trails drive stock trucks with BFG Mud
Terrains. IIRC, none of the Daks last year were lifted except Tom's (but
that was only a body lift) and nobody really had any issues.

> Any recommendations on what to bring along? Some more aggressive tires?
> hoist? A spare truck? ;)

If you're Tom, it's a good idea to bring all of those things along as well
as a life preserver. If you're anyone else, you should just bring camping
gear (tent & sleeping bag), clothes, and a towel or two. Maybe a little
something for the donation jar as well.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L