Re: Holley 12-920 Question....

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Jul 17 2004 - 23:56:42 EDT

"Ronald Taylor" <scsilverdakdml@hotmail.com> wrote:

: I talked to Summit tonight, they seem to think that the Pump is using
: different internals, but may have the same case so it can be installed in
: certain applications.......

: Makes sense to me ......one case or package design.....more than one
: internal Pump design.

   It sounds possible on the surface, but I'd take that advice
with a large grain of salt. Even though a company may use the
same case for different products, it still needs to be able to
differentiate them in order to put them in the right boxes,
diagnose problems, make repairs, accept returns, and restock, etc.
I know that if I were the manufacturer, I'd be doing *something*
to be able to identify them, even if its as lame as applying a
sticky label to the case. It may very well be that a company tech
would actually have to pull the case apart and could identify the
pump by the innards, but that seems unnecessarily cumbersome,
when it would be so easy to simply mark the case.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'