Re: Recommendation Needed

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 23:44:16 EDT

There are a couple of good ways to hold the valves up while you change the
seals. You can either #1) fill the cylinder with rope through the spark
plug hole with the piston at BDC.. #2) attach air line to fitting
matching spark plug threads, and pressurize cylinder.. #1) is actually
supposed to be easier and more failsafe.. once you have the cylinder filled
with rope.. a little turn of the crank with compress it snug to the vavles.
#2) will however allow you to hear where any compression leakages may be.
just listen for it hissing.
Hope it helps
Aaron Wyse