Re: Recommendation Needed

From: Gary Hedlin (garyhedlin@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 02:39:22 EDT

>> The last time I checked, I think I was quoted $1600 for the complete
> remaned
>> engine.
>>

>> --
>> Gary Hedlin
>> www.garyhedlin.com
>> (slowly getting there)
>
> Not too bad a price if it comes to it.
>
> Like Jon was saying, a quick compression test could go a long way to saving
> some dough.
>
> TonyC

I think the concept of saving money quickly gets thrown out the window when
it comes to getting rid of the demons that posess my truck! Even if I spend
$200 to have seals replaced, I'm 1/8 of the way to an engine with a
warranty.

Bottom line, I donšt trust the engine in my truck. I'ld rather spend the
cash on a good engine rather than be stranded out in the middle of nowhere
or somewhere where only rats and cousins breed.

Plus, I've got an awesome idea for the old engine....can anyone say coffee
table?? :)

Gary