Game Over (sigh)

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 20:07:54 EDT

Well ladies and gentlemen of the DML - I gave it 150% of my all... and
it still wasn't enough. Fate wasn't on my side. Christine will not be
in attendance this summer.

After dropping the tranny and everything else that's required to be
removed in order to drop said tranny, after putting the
overdrive/tailshaft section from the 4x4 trans onto the front of the 2wd
trans, after getting the new bastardized transmission up under the truck
and into position... upon preparing to bolt everything up - THEN I
discovered the fact that the bellhousing bolt pattern and casting is
different from that of a 4x4. I should have realized. In all the
rushing around and wrenching I neglected to see if it would work before
I tried it. Well I'm not going to cry over spilled tranny fluid. I did
my best and that was all I could do.

I will be on schedule in leaving 'Point after work tomorrow. I've
already canceled my trailer reservations. I still have lots to do
before I go - I have to pack, do some shopping, and wire up my CD radio.

The Ram will not venture offroad this summer. I will however, be
bringing with two of my old tires for a little burn out contest with a
well known Canadian. Jon? Where is the best place we can roast off some
tread without being arrested? HEHEHEE!

Mike? I will be at your disposal for assisting with your solid axle
swap! Can I ride shotgun with you again this year?

***** Countdown to 2004 DML BBQ 1 Day Left! *****

Terrible Tom -- AIM & Yahoo Name: SilverEightynine http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/