Thanks again (got new tires!) and question about jack

From: Traci Pearson (t_writer@privatei.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 10:18:17 EDT

Hi all!
Thanks again for all the ideas about new tires for my truck. I just got
them on yesterday (31x10.50x15 Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's) and already I
love them! I cannot chirp the rear tires off the line on dry, clean
pavement anymore, so obviously I'm applying more HP to the road. They
corner better, they're quieter...and they look pretty mean too (for an AT
tire).

Now I've got to do something about a jack. Haven't had to bother yet, but
someday I'm going to want to. That puny little scissor jack that come with
the truck gives me no confidence and probably won't even lift the truck
(with the 31" tires) enough for me to rotate the tires myself. I'm not very
big, so avoiding a 100# jack would be nice. It would also be nice to have
something I can put in the truck and not take up too much room, and a 100#
floor jack doesn't really fit that bill. But, if that's all that's going to
work, that's what I'll do.

And, of course, it would be nice to have a jack that went under a race car,
but I'm sure the cost of a floor jack that could handle both a race car and
my truck is prohibitive.

Any ideas? I haven't yet tried that scissor jack; will it actually do the
job? Any other ideas?

Thanks so much!

Traci Pearson
Pearson Technical Communication
Writing, Editing, Information Design • Print and Online
t_writer@privatei.com
(303) 410-9101