RE: FOR SALE AT DML BBQ 91 DAKOTA

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 20:12:51 EDT

Well while we're comparing...

I have yet to shoot at my diff. Can't say anything about that. I've got
the shift kit too..not too harsh though. It's livable. Stock manifolds,
but I gots the MP computer, and oh I forgot, a lot more factory horsepower
in the first place. You'll have that with a Magnum. :-) Viper fan is in
the works. Dual exhaust with stainless tips, '99 wheels, new 31" tires,
nice flares, 2" lift, never seen mud and only been in snow (literally) a
handful of times. Those are things I *love* to do but it's too nice to use
it like that. Oh, and a nice black toolbox too..much more useful than a
rollbar.

Trying to imply I abuse my truck since I'm not 58? No, not really. I'll
get on it cause it sounds good but I don't beat it. And I maintain the crap
out of it. My friends think my oil change regiment is insane..drain oil,
run 4 quarts through, drain, change filter and 5 more quarts, run, jack up
front of truck a little, let oil drain for an hour or so and put in
synthetic oil and filter. Doesn't even turn brown before 5-6000 miles
(though I blame some of that on spending about half of my miles on the
highway). Washing and waxing happen frequently. Almost scares me to think
of how I'm going to treat my Duster when I'm done with its ground up
restification.

Perfect? Nope. Windshield has a scratch on it. Wiper arms could use
refinishing. Paint on hood shines but has sanding marks from its previous
paint job. I use that as motivation to save money for that R/T hood. And
some of the plastic and such shows evidence of its Florida origins. And the
rear end has more backlash than I'd like, it clunks sometimes. Guess you
have me on the differential thing.

I'll cut someone a deal on mine..$7500. :-) That'll leave you with $4500
to buld a diff, paint the hood, polish the windshield and dye some plastic.

Travis
'92 Dakota 5.2 4x4. No, not really for sale..unless you really want to put
$7500 in my hand. :-)

>Hey Travis, :-) Bulletproof Diff, Trans Shift kit harsh, Mopar P/N
>Hedders,
>58 year Old Driving it :-) and standard Mopar running parts. Price is
>Right. Allround Truck
>
>91 Dakota Sport, RC, Short Box 318LA, 4X4 Colour Colorado Red, Factory
>Tube
>Rear Bumper and Roll Light Bar, Limited number produced. Run on 91 Octane
>since Day 1. $

Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to ‘Dig Yourself Out of Debt’ from MSN
Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0407debt.armx