Re: broken'kota update

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 09:01:56 EDT

"Michael Maskalans" <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote in message

> for the moment it looks real "official" though - in spite of a couple
> boogery welds where I'm working on my filling-huge-gaps-with-gas-MIG
> technique (my experience is almost entirely flux core gasless MIG, so
> caring where the tip of the torch is in relation to my puddle is new,
> but I'm picking it up very fast)

Then it's not really MIG, now is it? MIG = Metal Inert Gas. If you're
using no gas and flux core, then you might as well just be stick welding.
Stick welding isn't bad, it's cheaper and the only real drawback is that
you've got to chip slag off of your welds.

Either way though, just make sure you're getting good weld penetration. I
don't want to read something in a few weeks that you're stranded on the side
of the road because your homemade crossmember failed on you. Welding is
like a woman, little circles = win.

> that's all for now. hopefully my tent will get hotter than hell nice
> and early as usual, and kick my ass out of bed at a useful time in
> spite of the currant hour. shouldn't have spent so much time writing
> this - or drank so much Dr. Pepper <g>

Dr Pepper > *

--
- Josh