Re: A/C fan quit-Help, please!!!

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 08:46:41 EDT

<Davdo212@aol.com> wrote in message

> I want to try this one more time before I end up spending a lot of money
at
> the dealer!!! My a/c fan quit working a few months back. I have a 96 Dak,
V6
> w/5 speed. For a while before it quit the speed would not increase as I
> pushed
> the 'switch' up. If I pushed it all the way up it would run at full speed
> then
> decrease as I slowed it down. Now I get nothing. I want to make sure it is
> not
> a relay or something I can fix before I take it to the dealer. Relay,
switch,
> fuse, ???? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
David.

I'd be willing to bet that the fan resistor block is on its way out. IIRC,
it's on the passenger side of the firewall somewhere. Go to the dealer and
ask the guy at the parts counter for a blower motor resistor block for your
year truck, they're like $5.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L