Re: Guess, mpg

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 10:24:18 EDT

>>I was at Costco the other day...they had a sign up
>>about putting nitrogen instead of air into your tires....
>

> My brother is a Tire Center Manager for Costco and he was telling me about
> this the other day. I thought it sounded weird at first, but it makes sense
> now that he explained it....
> - -Dave
> james.zito@ps.ge.com wrote:
> Ok guys, here is my take on it, generic air is 79% N2 21% O2 ...
> Jim
> just chiming in to muddy the waters.......

This sounds like a marketing gimmik to me. The only advantage I can see to
removing the o2 from a tire is possibly oxidation..but then the *outside*
of the tire is still exposed... Maybe it's an attempt to make a profit on
the byproduct of some other process... or maybe it's just complete BS that
merely *sounds* plausable - a-la that aircleaner tornado thing...

--
          -Barry

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think" -fortune cookie

DML: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Rb@6EE4xQAF2k/ Superhawk: http://barrysuperhawk.home.insightbb.com