Re: Thanks DML gang

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 12:00:20 EDT

dean_ocque@yahoo.com wrote:
> I would like to extend a thank you to all the DML guys at the BBQ. This was
> my first year with the off roading, and it was a great time.

Hi Dean - nice to meet you - semi-offically that is LOL. We're glad
SCORE made it out again. :D

> Of course, I am one of the anti-social Jeep people. I wanted to come over,
> but since I was new, I had no clue what to do. However, you people were the
> host, so you should have came over to us.

Well I suppose you have a point in that regard. Last year there was
much more intermingleing between SCORE and the DML. I'm not really
quite sure how this happens each year. LOL For some odd reason year
after year the two clubs just kinda socialize with themselves. I think
part of the reason is, few people know eachother from the groups. We
should all introduce ourselves next year.

Over the past couple years I have come to meet Bob Fetter, who
unfortunatly didn't make it this year. And this year I met Christopher
with his Willys, as he helped me fetch a spare tire for my Ram. We got
talking quite a bit on the several back and forth trips we made to the
barn. I've come to have a new respect for anyone who can pilot a Willys
(on the highway as well) with that harsh suspension they have. I won't
complain about the ride quality of any of my rigs anymore LOL

> I am a bit disappointed though. I want to see you guys throw some mud in
> the pit. But, the guy hauling through the woods and blowing his tire was quite
> the show.

Heheh Why thank you - that lunatic in the Ram with the blown tire would
be me. :D I wasn't Supposed to take that truck wheeling at all -
according to my preaching on the DML over the last year I have had it.
  Heh yeah right.

This year was rather unusual, participation-wise, as there was a single
solitary Dodge to go through The Pit, that was Mike and his Ram Charger,
and that was a day or so before SCORE arrived. Keep in mind most of the
showoffs we have at the BBQ wern't around Saturday. When SCORE was
playing in The Pit - The Adam Blaster was in town buying high powered
hand held spotlights for who knows what kind of Shinanigans he gets into
hehehe :D Dakota Dodge with his badass bright red Dakota from Maine,
has been absent the last two years. Chris Saltsman didn't make it this
year either. My usual truck Christine had to be left home due to
transmission issues. And Mike's Dakota is under the knife in Jon's barn.

Another thing to consider is that for most of the DML BBQ regulars, we
have dealt with some nice carnage year after year. And for a few its
"been there done that" with The Pit. Its difficult to thrash your daily
driver when it is your only means of transportation and especially if
you have multiple years of car payments left on it. heh

> I look forward to getting together with you guys in the future,
> unfortunately, our club does only 1 or two off road events a year, so we have
> to wait another year.

What we need to do is get more ORGANIZED and make some DECISIONS! (I
can hear several screams right about now) If you know anything about
the DML and the BBQ, is that a typical meet consists of a group of
people in a parking lot for standing around for several hours talking
about trucks and other stuff and going "what do you wanna do?" This
particular phenomenon frequently occurs in parkinglots with sub-freezing
temeratures.

There is one highlight of the BBQ which signifies the peak of the
weekend. The drive in town to the ice cream shop with a convoy of muddy
trucks. Last year SCORE bugged out before we went. SCORE also left
early this year. I had hoped that we could convoy in again. The looks
on the faces of people we pass by is worth their weight in gold!

I've also wanted to get some good video footage for another music video.
  That didn't really happen this year so my video project will have to
wait until next year unfortunatly. For this to happen I want to have
footage of this long convoy in rolling action. Requiring some
cooperation and orginization. I'll have it all planned out next year.

Speaking of video footage, did anyone from SCORE get any video of me on
the trails with the Ram? In particular where I thrashed around and blew
the tire? I really want a copy of that tape if it exists!

> If you are interested in which guy I am, I was one of the few stock jeeps
> that went through the pit. The green one, not the one that sucked water, the
> one with the jolly roger on the back.

How is the Jeep that sucked in water anyway? I felt bad for its owner -
the poor guy's legs were visibly shaking when he was trying to climb the
waterfall LOL.

> Dean

Again, nice to meet you and I hope you show up at the BBQ again next year!