Re: BBQ pictures and video

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 16:53:22 EDT

dml@bleazard.net wrote:

: Any plans on what to do with all of the pretty pics that were captured at the
: BBQ? I realized that we didn't even take the time to sit inside and watch all
: the videos this year (would have detracted from the fire).

   Hehehe! I was sort've waiting to see if some sucker^H^H^H^H^H^Hone
was going to volunteer to do a report. ;-) If not, what I am
leaning towards doing is to just collect all the photos together
somehow, throw them on a page, and basically grab Tom's daily
status reports to the list and slap them in there too. :-)
As far as the video goes, I haven't even seen mine yet, its
still in the camera. I figured maybe we could do the usual "send
the tapes to one person to make a master and distribute", either
in VHS or DVD format. Unfortunately I don't have a DVD burner so
the DVD route is out for me, but I could probably do a VHS version
if I had some time. I would probably encode some segments of
video into MPEG format for the meet report, but likely only the
parts which are particularly interesting. By now we all know what
it looks like for a truck to go up a waterfall or through the mud
pit, so I probably wouldn't bother with making mpegs of something we
basically already have.

  Just a matter of finding the time... :-P

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'