Re: BBQ pictures and video

From: Walt Felix (Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 18:51:53 EDT

I'll volunteer to put together a meet report if everyone wants to send me
their photos. I don't have any way of capturing video myself, but I have a
friend down the street who is willing to give me a hand with that. I think
Dan can even burn them to DVD.

If anyone needs a place to drop stuff, I set up a temp FTP account on my
server for the BBQ images. Just make a sub folder for your self and
transfer your images there.

ftp.walt-n-ingrid.com

User ID: bbq@walt-n-ingrid.com
password: password

--
Walt Felix
'88 Dakota Sport 4x4, '96 Dakota CC SLT 4x4, '00 Ram Sport 1500 QC

http://www.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com

<jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message news:ceecg2$c9i$2@bent.twistedbits.net... > > dml@bleazard.net wrote: > > : Any plans on what to do with all of the pretty pics that were captured at the > : BBQ? I realized that we didn't even take the time to sit inside and watch all > : the videos this year (would have detracted from the fire). > > > Hehehe! I was sort've waiting to see if some sucker^H^H^H^H^H^Hone > was going to volunteer to do a report. ;-) If not, what I am > leaning towards doing is to just collect all the photos together > somehow, throw them on a page, and basically grab Tom's daily > status reports to the list and slap them in there too. :-) > As far as the video goes, I haven't even seen mine yet, its > still in the camera. I figured maybe we could do the usual "send > the tapes to one person to make a master and distribute", either > in VHS or DVD format. Unfortunately I don't have a DVD burner so > the DVD route is out for me, but I could probably do a VHS version > if I had some time. I would probably encode some segments of > video into MPEG format for the meet report, but likely only the > parts which are particularly interesting. By now we all know what > it looks like for a truck to go up a waterfall or through the mud > pit, so I probably wouldn't bother with making mpegs of something we > basically already have. > > Just a matter of finding the time... :-P > > > -- > -Jon- > > .-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. > | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | > | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | > `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'