RE: RE: RE: 93 Dakota High Performance For Sale - $9,850

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 01:15:04 EDT

<snip> A little more about the truck.
> As I mentioned I am the original owner. The paint is in excellent shape.
> There are no door dings since I park away from everyone wherever I go. I
> don't think you could find a cleaner 93. It has a lid on it to
> hide the NOS
> bottle and keep other items locked up. <snip>

Rich, it sounds great and your price is certainly fair as I've been offered
more than that for my '92.

> I just have not had the stomach to take it to the track.

Ya know the old saying Rich, no guts, no glory? Now this is just me, not
being critical, but I don't understand the concept of adding a blower and
nitrous, etc., and not finding out how much you've improved the
performance?? Certainly you didn't go to all that work and expense and not
ever floor it on the street, right? Would someone please explain to me
why people think that running WOT on the street is somehow easier on their
vehicle than making a couple time trials at a drag strip? I get the same
thing from my lead-footed sister who thinks that taking her car to the track
will ruin it though she routinely runs it wide open more often than not!
For what it's worth, I have over 1700 runs at the track on my Dakota and
nothing has ever broken. My wife has hundreds of runs on her daily driver
'02 Stratus R/T. What could go wrong that won't go wrong on the street??
Without performance numbers, I wouldn't be interested. Take it to the track
Rich and give us some numbers!

> This has been a
> project truck for me starting in 1998 with the supercharger and
> headers. As
> you know one thing leads to another. I am 52 years old and feel
> it is about
> time to move on to something else.

I know exactly what you mean.....I'm 60 and would only move on to something
faster! Take it to the track! :-)

RayB
see link below for performance numbers...