Re: OT: Trade it or eat it?

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 10:51:27 EDT

Valentin Garcia wrote:

> Sorry for the OT post, but I think between all of us in the DML family,
> we've done it all or know someone who has.
>
> Situation:
> I co-signed a loan for my brother (Ford Credit) back in Oct of 02. ...<major snip>
> I don't want to keep the Ford, but
> I am unsure on whether to trade it in or Kill my credit for 7 years.
> Any and all advice is appreciated. TIA!
> Val Garcia

Why don't you just sell the truck? keep making the payments and put the
bugger up on Ebay, the ford list [there's gotta be one]...heck, some
dealers will even buy vehicles outright. You may still take a loss on it,
but it will be much less than if you bugger up your credit. The other
option might be to keep it for a while, and trade it 2 for one for whatever
new car your wife wants, heh, heh,heh.

--
          -Barry

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think" -fortune cookie

DML: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Rb@6EE4xQAF2k/ Superhawk: http://barrysuperhawk.home.insightbb.com