Convert from 5-sp > Auto

From: Robert Meredith (rmeredit@trysybase.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 15:18:17 EDT

Hey all. I have a '03 Dak (QC, 4.7L, Sport+, 3.92s, etc.) with a 5-speed
that I'm wanting to convert to an automatic. I am about 4.5k upside down on
the loan - and don't want to eat this much on a trade - simply for this
reason. I have had a change in jobs - so I am now sitting in stop-n-go
traffic w/ a stick (which I hate).

Anybody have a ballpark figure of what it would cost for me to convert this
truck to an auto? I'd like to do it as 'stock' as possible (5-45rfe I
believe). Any info you can give will be much appreciated.

-robert