Re: RE: RE: Dynomax install..

From: Bill Knight (billk5008@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 09:44:39 EDT

Run a tube from the air box to between the frame and the radiator and use a
K&N drop in. I used some 5" heating duct tubing cut to size and fitted in.
Have not sealed the connection to the air box yet but I can nnearly stall
the 5.9 by covering the inlet. This also gives a little ram air effect.
Just do no try any deep water crossings. Had no problems in the rain
either. Drove in conditions when I could barely see and got nothing in the
engine. Also on a side note, for gas mileage/power rent a large U-haul or
othe trailer, disconnect the battery and clear the PCM. Drive about 200
miles and reurn the trailer. Had a noticeable increase in power and torque
on the butt dyno and a small increase in MPG after towing.