Dangkota

From: spook (richardfiser@mchsi.com)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 22:15:58 EDT

'98 Dakota, 3.9, auto, 4x2

Not too long ago I had a problem with it where it would just shut down.
Didn't matter if I was idling or accelerating. Turned out to be the
crank sensor. Also, the coil and pickup coil were replaced. New plugs
correctly gapped. New cap, rotor, IAC (cause the plunger got depressed)
and battery. I still have a problem where she cranks for 3 to 5 seconds
to start only when cold. Then it runs very rough for another 10 to 15
seconds. then flattens right out and has very good driveability. After
it is driven for a couple of minutes, then it'll start immediately. It
isn't throwing any codes. Any ideas here. I've already put a few hundred
dollars into it in the last month, albeit some needlessly, ie the pickup
coil. Any ideas on this one? My wife is beginning to call our precious
truck, "The Dangkota."
Also, it seems that testing any of the sensors throws a code that has to
be reset by the dealer and they charge for that.