Re: Badyear Manglers (was driver info)

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 10:34:48 EDT

In article <ceuqqs$u92$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, andy-dml@levyclan.us (andy
levy) writes:

> On 8/5/2004 10:31 PM, Gary Hedlin wrote:
>
> | I actually liked my goodyear wranglers, they were the set that lasted the
> | longest for me (about 2 years, 60,000 miles). They were good wet, dry, or
> | snow. They were a bit pricy, but well worth it in my book.
>
> You don't get real snow or rain then. Goodyear is only able to sell
> them because they wear long and automakers will OEM them. They are
> absolutely horrible tires if you live anywhere that gets significant
> rain or snow. If you live in Florida or SoCal, I'm sure they're great.
> ~ For those of us who get weather, they're crap.
>
> - --
> - -andy

Heheh.... Florida has a TON of rain. Matter of fact, they get showers every
day from spring until summer. Best advice TonyC gave me when I moved there was
to get some good tires, brakes, and windshield wipers. Good tires and wipers
for the rain, good brakes for the idiot snowbirds. I had some worn out
Wranglers, and replaced them with Michelin LTX M/S tires. They have been
great. Whoever said they "wear like iron" is right on. I had friends that ran
them with 75k on them, and they looked brand new. Great in the dry, great in
the rain. I've got over 50k on mine, and they still look new.

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto