Re: 1999 Dakota Solid Axle Swap

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 11:51:44 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Aug 10, 2004, at 21:56, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>
>> Yep, Mike has been ransaking my precious, precious metal
>> rack <sniff> (also known as "Jon's pile of cool stuff which
>> hasn't been built yet") for crossmember bits. :-)
>> Unfortunately,
>> he was a naughty boy and welded the outer frame rail brackets
>> on before the inner ones, so now he has a fun game ahead of
>> himself which I shall call "find the threaded holes through the
>> 1/4" steel plate" ;-)
>>

> don't worry - I'll be adding to it too!
>
> I've been thinking about that. I'm not sure how much strength those
> little 10mm bolts are going to add anyway.... ...
> Mike Maskalans

Jon: Yeah, he will be adding to it, I meen Geez, Jon, he has already
"given" you an almost complete set of Dakota IFS frame mounts [and even
let you cut them off his truck..]

Mike: Methinks you need as much "shear strength" as you can get. The more
you can overbuild now, the more likely this frankenstein [For-dge-mmer?]
experement might last on the road......

--
          -Barry

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think" -fortune cookie

DML: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Rb@6EE4xQAF2k/ Superhawk: http://barrysuperhawk.home.insightbb.com