Re: 2000 V6 4x4 trouble spots?

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 13:28:09 EDT

andy levy wrote:

> Marci's brother just sent me a link to a 2000 SLT V6 4x4 auto that he
> may consider buying. What specifically should we be looking for as far
> as trouble spots? Obviously the balljoints, and if we get out for a
> test drive I'll pull the airhat and look into the intake manifold.
> Anything else I could be overlooking that I wouldn't have experience
> with because of the year of V6 (closest I had was a 318).

Follow-up question from him...

"So, the plan is to go to Friendly Dodge in Penn Yan, they have a big
selection of trucks there, looks like at least a dozen or so used Ram
1500's. So riddle me this...

Whats the real difference in gas mileage between a Ram 1500 extended cab
4WD with a V8, and a Dakota of similar design? I think I want a Ram, if
it only means a difference in mileage of 2 or 3 per gallon."

I know the 318s and 360s vary widely. It's a hard question to answer.