Re: daily SAS update

From: Russell Yee (rkyee02@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 18:07:57 EDT

Hey Mike

I haven't been following your build too closely, but what front axle are you
using? You should be able to separate the knuckle from the spindle with a
long drift or cold chisel. As for the broken tap, I'd use a combo of
heating the caliper bracket and a ez-out. Go easy on the heat (don't cherry
it), and don't try to torch the tap out or you'll warp the bracket (ask me
how I know).. Hopefully you'll be able to break the tap free and use the
EZ-Out to do the rest. If you mung up the hole you can either weld it and
re tap or use a heli-coil (recommend the latter - it sucks drilling &
tapping through weldment).

            Russ