The new Dakota

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 22:26:52 EDT

I didn`t think I was going to like the redesigned
Dak,but it`s not too bad! With aftermarket fender
flares,headlight covers,black step bars,and nicer
wheels (and body-colored front grille),it could
possibly look even nicer than my `01 does! I
think,with the Gen III`s,the wheel and fenders and the
swept look of the body along the sides really makes
the whole truck. But the 2005 does not seem to have
those things going for it as much. The interior and
back end stand out on that truck. Anything that could
be done to tone down that front grille and make the
wheels and fenders stand out more would help it. The
front suspension is probably much improved. Not happy
with them going back to conventional brakes,though,or
making 2WD and 4X4 models the same height.

On the other hand,I still like my Dak! I can`t see
getting rid of it. Steve P.