Hurricane Charlie UPDATE

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 10:30:13 EDT

Well As you heard, I made it through fine.

I live on a salt water canal 1/2 mile off Tampa Bay and we were expecting up
to 14 feet of water (1 story house = rafters).

Thursday and Friday were spent raising crap up off the floors. And moving
my two R/Ts to a safer location. My 98 Sport (dead at the moment) got a
ghetto 16" quick lift (Concrete blocks). Friday afternoon was spent
studying the TV and radar. Then the big news came, it was turning inland
80-100 miles south of me.

Saturday and Sunday were spent reassembling the house and doing a major
cleanup and spring cleaning. With everything stacked up (couch on
nightstands, love seat on top of that, Viper seats on top at the ceiling,
alum heads on top of the wall unit....) it was time to clean the parts of
the floor that never see sunlight, clean windows, trash unnecessary crap.

Then my PC didn't want to work once I reconnected it, got it up and running
last night.

I'm glad to be back, glad I had NO damage, but feeling sorry for all those
in the path and with damage to their stuff. It was a VERY bad storm (Ended
up as a Cat 4 with 145 mile winds at landfall).

TonyC