Re: fuel pump

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 13:43:42 EDT

andylevy@yahoo.com wrote:
>>Geez, I do new wipers every 6 months or so, Rubber is cheap. Running bad
>>wiperblades is like running the 99 cent convenience store oil, its better
>>than nothing, but not by much.
>

> I had Silblades on my '99 for over 3 years with no problems. But at $20+/blade
> now (they doubled the price), I just can't justify them for the '03. I got a
> pair of "silicone" blades at Wally World over a year ago for about $16 total
> and they've been good so far.

Yep... because you're getting moisture (i.e. rain) on them all year
long. Here, it stops raining in late April/early May and doesn't rain
again until September or October. That ~5 months of no rain and the sun
beating on my wiper blades makes them dry out and crack really fast.

In the summer, the only thing I use my wipers for is to clean bugs off
the window while I'm driving.

Speaking of which, I better check to make sure my 3rd brake light is
still sealed well before it starts raining again.

-Bill