Re: Daktoberfest Dates? and other things :(

From: Walt Felix (Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 17:14:25 EDT

I was thinking about trying to make it. Ingrid and I had a great time at
the BBQ and we really got the bug now. Since we got home, I've been
regretting not giving the mud pit and lower falls a try. Don't know why I
hesitated, it's so unlike me. Anyhow, it all depends if I'm still working
or not. I found out yesterday that the purchase order I'm currently
contracted on expires this Friday (for some reason, I was under the
impression I had until the end of the year). The guy my supervisors need to
sign a new P.O. is the new VP of Engineering who:

 1. Doesn't know me personally because he's only been there two weeks.
 2. Just laid off 25 engineers to trim the budget of the department he just
took control of.
 3. Sees me as a huge expense as I'm in a support role and not a design
engineer who actually produces a product the company can sell.

What I was surprised to learn was my contract was being billed against the
Engineering Dept's budget and not the IT Dept's. I think it was because I
was originally hired to fill in for the Engineering Systems Administrator
who was out on workman's comp. During the six months she was out, I
migrated the legacy Engineering domain into the Corporate Active Directory
domain managed by IT. Even though I changed job roles by eliminating the
legacy domain, my contracts were never moved accordingly so I was still
being billed against Engineering.

The IT director has been pitching real hard to get my contract renewed but
says it doesn't look promising. Well, that sucks, since Ingrid and I are
moving into the new house in a week and a half. Not the best time for me to
be out of work. However, I've may have already lined up a possible
interview for a short term network security audit project at another
company. I found the listing on Monster last night, emailed a resume this
morning and they sounded very interested when they called me today. They're
suppose to get back to me by the end of the week to schedule an interview.

--
Walt Felix
'88 Dakota Sport 4x4, '96 Dakota CC SLT 4x4, '00 Ram Sport 1500 QC

My Webpage: http://www.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com My DML Profile: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/VyL4YitToBQ2s/

"Terrible Tom" <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote in message news:41225498.4030606@aol.com... > > Jon - are we going to have another Daktoberfest? > > If we do - I see that Daktoberfest 2003 took place during its typical > time slot at the end of October last year. It seems that time period is > closed again for me this year. I have offered my services to help a > friend of mine move. He can't give me exact dates but said between the > last two weeks of October and the first week in November. > > This leaves the weekend of Oct. 1st-2nd, 8th-9th, and 15th-16th - where > I would be able to attend. I was unable to make it last year due to the > car accident, and I don't want to miss it this year! > > Anyone else game for another fall run? > > -- > Terrible Tom -- AIM & Yahoo Name: SilverEightynine > http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ >