Re: Daktoberfest Dates - boom boom

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 03:18:02 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Barry <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com> wrote:
> : Terrible Tom wrote:
> :> ...
> :> This leaves the weekend of Oct. 1st-2nd, 8th-9th, and 15th-16th...
> :> Anyone else game for another fall run?
> :>
>
> : I am busy the first weekend of October, I have the MO state IPSC
> : championship to attend...
>

> Sure, rub it in... The closest thing to a competition around
> here is whenever I decide to slap the .22LR kit on the Kimber and
> knock some tin cans around all by myself. :-P
>
> Will you be competing or spectating?

I offered to bring the "toys" out.. You want me to rub it in??? Try this
on for size...
   I will be competing, of course. Last year I took 4th in my division.
Kimber's are nice but I *reeely* like my Para LDA's [so much that I have 3,
a 14.45, a 7.45 and a 7.45 Limited.] Probably 80% of my shooting is done
in some form of competition or other. A typical month will see me shooting
every Monday [.22 pistol league], wednesday [trap], thursday[IPSC],
sunday[IPSC 2x, 3gun 1x, DCM/hi-power 1x], and the third tuesday of every
month[IPSC/IDPA]. I also try to attend "major matches" about every other
month, time and weather permitting. On the 4th sunday of every month I
host my own "mini" 3gun matches. Here's an old flyer:
[http://sscclub.home.insightbb.com/3GunAD.pdf]
   I have shot the masters [www.themasters.org] several times, with my
highest ranking being 5th overall in 1999. [If anyone knows where I can
find a super 14, stainless, hunter, TC contender in 6mm or larger, 7br
would be ideal, as would 7-30 waters, 30 or 357 herret, or even 30-30 for a
good price, let me know...]
   I shoot everything from .22 pistol leagues to full tilt, combined arms,
3gun matches. Maybe if I would confine myself to one dicipline, I might be
able to hone my skill to the point of being good enough to get
sponsored/paid to shoot, but I am not there yet... Recently I bought a
welder and taught myself to weld, not to molest my truck, but to build
targets and target stands [if anyone is interested, I sell and guarantee
them].
   My favorite match was the "1999 Havanna Truck match", the culmination of
which was a single stage, set up in an area the size of a football field
with 59 IPSC targets and 19 Steel poppers and shot entirely from the back
of a moving pickup truck. I won that match, using a Norinco 1911 .45
single-stack. That is significant because I was using a limited gun [no
optics, no compensators, 8 and 10 round magazines, all magazines carried on
my belt] competing against Open guns [Optics, compensators, 20-28 rounds
per magazine]. I have video, Mike has seen it.

--
          -Barry

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think" -fortune cookie

DML: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Rb@6EE4xQAF2k/ Superhawk: http://barrysuperhawk.home.insightbb.com