Re: Re: Driving Manners Are Nonexistent

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 12:14:18 EDT

<Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com> wrote in message

> Best one I've seen was a box truck that missed his exit on the highway.
Dumb
> ass blew a u-turn and exited via the on-ramp on the opposite side of the
> overpass. The truck had no markings on it and it was pre-cell phone days
so I
> couldn't complain to anyone at the time.
>
> Walt

A few weeks ago, I was exiting I-55 south to get onto I-355 northbound while
travelling for work.... Apparently a guy in a little car had missed the
I-355 exit, so he decided to TURN AROUND on the side of the highway and
drive AGAINST TRAFFIC to get back to the ramp. As I was exiting I saw the
front of his car, and let me tell you that'll wake you up in the morning
better than any coffee. I watched in my mirrors as he dodged cars on the
ramp to make a u-turn onto the opposite shoulder before merging with
traffic. People are tards, and I think that as a whole, driving habits are
becoming worse and worse. Two years ago I never had people make a
right-hand turn from the left lane - in front of me. Once, I had someone
(who was talking on the phone) run me off the expressway onto the shoulder
and have the nerve to honk and wave the finger at me as if I was doing
something wrong.

I'm usually not a big fan of police officers (and they're not a big fan of
me either) but I'd really like to see more of them on the road. I think it
would help to raise public awareness about the conditions of traffic
nowdays. For the most part I use my directionals (I know I could be better
about it on the highway) and I always stop at red lights. I'd have to say
that the only real violation I do on a regular basis is speeding, and that's
not even really that excessive.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L