Re: Re: Driving Manners Are Nonexistent

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 18:51:29 EDT

On Aug 18, 2004, at 12:14, Josh Battles wrote:

> I'm usually not a big fan of police officers (and they're not a big
> fan of
> me either) but I'd really like to see more of them on the road.

I couldn't disagree more. no way, no how. we do not need more
officers, we do not need more laws. what we need is more effective
*enforcement*. Stop sitting in the bushes shooting people in the back
with your radar gun, and get out and take care of the twits that are
the actual danger. Cops shouldn't be out there to make money off
speeding and seatbelt tickets, but that's what they do. They should be
out there keeping an eye out for bad drivers, drunks, falling apart
vehicles and other *actual* dangers. Excessive speeding, weaving,
failure to stop, failure to signal, etc etc etc.

traffic enforcement is a cash cow instead of the safety campaign it
should be, and I'm bloddy well *sick* of it.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'84 RamCharger Daily Driver       '98 Dakota under the knife