Re: Dakota SXT

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 08:11:20 EDT

In article <cg0trq$7lq$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, josh@omg-stfu.com (Josh
Battles) writes:
> Chris Orr wrote:
>
> > I would also like to get some kind of soft tonneau(sp?)...I have a hard
> > tonneau right now and it becomes a pain in the arse when I want to
> > actually haul something back there. Any suggestions on a good
> > brand/style?
>
> I've got an extang black max that cost me about $150 shipped and I love
> it. It's very easy to get on and off and has held up to one year's
> usage very well. If I was going to do it again I'd have listened to the
> DML when they told me I should have gotten one that tilts up. So, if I
> was going to do it again, I'd buy the one that tilts up instead.

I have had an Extang Platinum series soft tonneau for about 5 years (was on my
89 Dakota and now on my 99). It has held up great. The only advantage I could
see to a tilt up one would be if something small slides to the front of the bed
it would be easier to get at. I solved that issue by having a cargo bar that
wedges between the sides of the bed that keeps smaller items from sliding
forward.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4