Re: Dakota SXT

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 20:58:51 EDT

Chris Orr wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm looking at buying a 2002 Dakota SXT.
>
> Can anyone tell me the differences between the SXT and Sport models?

IIRC, all the sxt models come with the grey fender flares, front bumper,
and rear bumper.

> The listing for it did not mention that it had cruise control.
> Do all Dakotas come with cruise control these days?

I've got a 2000 without it. I've got tilt but no cruise. Go figure...

> I would also like to get some kind of soft tonneau(sp?)...I have a hard
> tonneau right now and it becomes a pain in the arse when I want to
> actually haul something back there. Any suggestions on a good
> brand/style?

I've got an extang black max that cost me about $150 shipped and I love
it. It's very easy to get on and off and has held up to one year's
usage very well. If I was going to do it again I'd have listened to the
DML when they told me I should have gotten one that tilts up. So, if I
was going to do it again, I'd buy the one that tilts up instead.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L