Re: Driving Manners Are Nonexistent

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 17:45:48 EDT

On Aug 19, 2004, at 10:31, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> I suspect that $100 is basically
> comparable to the 5 miles for the AAA program. Being out in
> the boonies, 5 miles is basically "next door"; you have to go
> 10-15 miles just to get to the nearest town. That's the main
> reason I decided to stick with the AAA/RV program; I should
> think a tow of 100 miles is going to cost a lot more than $100.

yup!
I think AAA RV will deal with your trailer if you're towing, too (not
sure on that though - I'm also not sure what they'd say to a non-RV
trailer, like an enclosed white 20' Haulmark for instance, or an auto
transporter)

also, the 5 mile standard AAA is only if you're not going to the
dispatching shop. The AAA-sponsored hook will bring you anywhere
within 5 miles, or to their shop.

Definitely sounds like AAA is the better deal to me.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'84 RamCharger Daily Driver       '98 Dakota under the knife