Re: Re: Driving Manners Are Nonexistent

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 20:36:27 EDT

On Aug 20, 2004, at 12:35, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Although something I noticed is that they don't make mention of
> normal trailers, just pickup trucks with campers or travel trailers.
> They do say (for the normal membership) that light duty trailers
> will be taken care of though you will have to pay for the trailer
> part of the tow. They say that fifth wheel trailers are excluded.
> I'm not sure if that means they consider any non-fifth wheel trailer
> a "light duty" trailer or what. They then go on to say that the
> plus/RV membership will provide 100 miles of free towing to any
> destination instead of just 5 miles, but don't go into any details
> about trailers in that section. Hmmm, I'm going to have to check
> on that.

good. you seem to have gotten the same brochure that's in my glove box
<g>

at least they're consistent about their vagueness within the same
office. (that being BUF)

I decided I'd just find out when I needed it. It's not like knowing I
have coverage for some particular something will change what I choose
to tow to where. Though an amusing situation would be possible: go
wheeling somewhere <100 miles away from home, and break: fine, get it
off the trail and call AAA, free tow home. versus towing your junk to
the trail, breaking, getting it on your trailer, and having the tow rig
or trailer break down, and being un-covered, when it was a
precautionary measure to avoid a tow..... Like I said, it won't affect
my decisions one way or another - it'll just either lead to being
pleased or pissed [quite] a few miles down the road <g>

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'84 RamCharger Daily Driver       '98 Dakota under the knife