Re: Re: Driving Manners Are Nonexistent

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 12:35:27 EDT

Barry <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com> wrote:

: jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

:> Yep, another reason I have the plus/RV - they will take care of
:> the trailer too. (Doesn't have to be an RV, it can be any trailer.)
:> I don't recall at the moment and don't have the info right in front
:> of me, but I am pretty sure it covers motorcycles too.
:>

: Last I checked they specifically disallow Motorcycles.. Hafta join AMA or
: somesuch for that...

   Yep, that's true with the normal plan, but the Plus/RV adds
coverage for motorcycles. (Just found my member benefits brochure.)
Although something I noticed is that they don't make mention of
normal trailers, just pickup trucks with campers or travel trailers.
They do say (for the normal membership) that light duty trailers
will be taken care of though you will have to pay for the trailer
part of the tow. They say that fifth wheel trailers are excluded.
I'm not sure if that means they consider any non-fifth wheel trailer
a "light duty" trailer or what. They then go on to say that the
plus/RV membership will provide 100 miles of free towing to any
destination instead of just 5 miles, but don't go into any details
about trailers in that section. Hmmm, I'm going to have to check
on that. (Heh - aren't *all* trailers "travel trailers"? What
would be the point if they couldn't travel?) ;-) I can't imagine
why they would dis-clude trailers which aren't RVs, I mean, my
20' car hauler would be easier to tow than a travel trailer with
water tanks, etc. I think I'll drop them an e-mail just to
confirm though.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'