Re: Re: FS 94, 3.9,4x4

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Sun Aug 22 2004 - 08:27:43 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2004, at 17:29, Ray Irons wrote:
>
>> If ya'll are gonna buy a helicopter, I'd like to apply for the
>> position of
>> official DML 'copter maintenance superintendent. I'd be willing to
>> negotiate
>> a fair salary and benefits package. Of course with reciprocal passes from
>> other air passenger and freight services, I wouldn't have to worry about
>> relocation and I'd be willing to pay for a portion of my training costs
>> associated with being certified by the FAA on that type of aircraft.
>

> I'm all for hiring vets and all, but I think if we got someone less
> qualified and tried to train them ourselves, we'd save a lot of money.
>
> Oh, sorry, my IT is showing. I'll tuck that back in ;-X
> --
> Mike Maskalans

That's gotta be "MacIT" showing, the rest of the civilized world expects
vets to show up fully trained and certified with 10+ years of experience
[for a 3 year old job], and submit a bid to be a "disposable" contractor at
a price competitive with or below the $8/hr that your average greencard
importee is thrilled to get... Companies want fully trained employees for
the same price or less than the untrained ones, and unfortuneately, more
often than not, get them.

--
          -Barry

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think" -fortune cookie

DML: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Rb@6EE4xQAF2k/ Superhawk: http://barrysuperhawk.home.insightbb.com