Re: RE: sputter on start-up

From: Jay & Dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 18:23:27 EDT

Hey Bernd

I didn't know that the IAT and CTS would affect a cold engine on startup,
enough to make it sputter anyway.
This morning I disconnected the leads to the IAT and CTS and the engine
started perfectly (different story when it was warmed up though :-) I
should have disconnected one to eliminate the other as the problem, but I'll
do that tomorrow.
Any idea on the cost of a new CTS and should I use anything on the threads
when installing? Now to go out and try and get rid of the 22 and 23 codes
stored. If I disconnect the battery overnight that should do it.

Thanks
-Jay