Re: Re: Re: Comp Cams 1.7 RR clearance?

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 15:40:25 EDT

I don't have any personal knowledge of the Comp Cams RRs. I have Crane's in
all my hotted up motors, and MP Performance Covers.

You could clean the inside of the cover, spray it with some paint, install,
roll the motor over by hand, and pull the covers. Inspect for contact marks
to see exactly where the issue is. If the contact is on the top, a second
set of gaskets and longer bolts/studs could do the trick. Just RTV between
the gaskets for a better seal.

Other than relieving the current covers, an aftermarket set will be about
the only other fix. As I said earlier, you can get a set for the LA
smallblocks a bunch cheaper, and add a little bling for cheap. I'm thinking
chromed stamped steel covers. Most any speed shop or even local auto part
stores should carry them.

TonyC