RE: Re: Re: Tensioner assembly

From: Ronald Taylor (scsilverdakdml@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 22:31:35 EDT

I just did this job on my 99' 5.2 in my CC.....same as a 3.9 v6!

It's pretty easy and should only take about 30-45 minutes, I did mine while
the engine was still hot and it took longer....

Remove the Serpentine belt first....

Remove the coil by unplugging it and removing the 2 bolts that retain the
bracket it is bolted to the head......

(allows for some room to work the wrench or ratchet while removing the 3rd
bolt from the head)

Remove tensioner and mounting bracket and take to the bench ....

Clamp it in a vice and remove the nut on the back side to get the tensioner
assy off the bracket...

assembly is just reversing the removal........easy!

I pulled the assembly and took it the bench as trying to wrestle the nut
from the backside with it still bolted to the head was a little tough.....no
room to work the wrench or ratchet!

Plus the coil bracket had to come off and there was only one more bolt, it
was easier to go to the bench then risk busting a knuckle!

Ron
01' Dakota Sport RC 3.9 ...mods? Too Many!
99' Dakota SLT CC 5.2...mods? Not Enough!