Re: help me start my truck

From: werlax@hotmail.com
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 23:01:06 EDT

I should follow up by saying that I have checked a few things:

I verified that there is spark by pulling a plug and watching the spark.
There seems to be compression since I could feel air puffing from the spark
plug hole.
I tried pouring gasoline into the throttle body (about a tablespoon) and it
resulted in nothing.
I also moved the flywheel to TDC and removed the distributor cap to verify
that the rotor was pointing at the #1 wire.
The new rockers I installed can be seen moving when I take the oil filler
cap off the valve cover (modified valve covers).

The thing that concerns me is that even after cranking numerous times I
don't smell any gas. Shouldn't I?
It seems I have gas (or at least I supplied it), I have spark, and I have
air. What else is there? Is this a sensor problem of some kind?

What can I check?
Thanks for any help,
Mark