I'm Baaack!

From: Anne Baker (patience@cif.rochester.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 00:33:11 EDT

Hello All,

I'm back from the wilds of Maine, only slightly scarred from 8+ weeks
of camp counseling. (I had a couple of spectacular crashes on my
bike.) Good god am I tired. I was considered a wierd one for getting
exited about trucks and other wheeled loud things. My boss drove a Ram
1500 with I think a 3" tip, sounded really good. There was also an old
diesel ram running around, sounded amazingly good. Had the alarm on the
Jetta freak out on me, had to get it towed to a place that fixed it and
re-keyed my driver's side door so I can reset it.

I'm super sorry I missed the BBQ, but had I made it that would have
meant that Mike couldn't have had his huge secret project. He *almost*
managed to keep it a secret until I got back, but leaving an away
message that says: "front axle is almost in" is kind of a dead
giveaway. I miss being a car/truck geek and having people share my
excitement for things that go "vroom".

I'll be back in Rochester on Friday around 6, and probably head down
to Jon's sometime on Saturday to help hold things for the dear boy. And
I WILL be at Daktoberfest.

Cheers,

~~Anne

'94 Jetta GL
Dak-by-association Mike's '98 V8 Club Cab 4x4
patience@cif.rochester.edu