Re: Bedliner damage control

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 15:00:20 EDT

On Aug 25, 2004, at 11:11, andylevy@yahoo.com wrote:

> Brother in law bought a Tacoma w/ about 66K on the clock. Came with a
> plastic
> drop-in liner that goes over the rails, and he's finally noticed (had
> the truck
> a week now) that the liner rubs the bedrails and is scarring the
> paint. Ideas
> on what he can do to solve this?

Why are you even asking? If he cares about it not rusting to shit,
pull the drop-in and spray it over the rail. If the paint is only
marred and not rubbed off, then he could pull it and do the rail caps,
otherwise he'll need to re-seal the rails if he doesn't want rust to
start under the caps.

speaking of rust, I found the first rust through on mine day before
yesterday. behind the p-side headlight. d-side is a bit rusty in the
same place, but not even close to as bad. I blame the fender-bender
the truck was in just before we bought it. There was other shoddy
repair work (didn't replace broken plastic condenser frame, didn't
replace pside headlight assy with broken mount, didn't adjust grille
frame-fender clearance) and it looks like they straightened the fender
behind the headlight and let the paint separate from the metal without
repainting underneat at all. =(

~80k each:
<http://mike.tepidcola.com/data/tmp/psidefender.jpg>
<http://mike.tepidcola.com/data/tmp/dsidefender.jpg>

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'84 RamCharger Daily Driver       '98 Dakota under the knife