Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: help me start my truck

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 16:21:09 EDT

When setting up a cam, you do not want to rotate backwards because it will
place the lifter in a spot several degrees off.

For the purpose of this install it is fine.

BTW: you are only rotating it backwards 2 revolutions, and by hand. I've
done my RR adjustment this way MANY many times without issue. I can't get a
breaker down bottom with some of the stuff in the front of the race truck.
And the serp belt has enough grip surface where with 2 hands, you can bump
the motor around. Trouble is forwards creates compression. ;-)

Tony