Re: Dakota SXT

From: droo (03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 22:14:28 EDT

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:27:19 -0400, andy levy <andy-dml@levyclan.us> wrote:

> On 8/22/2004 5:45 PM, Bill Pitz wrote:
>
> | I have a Downey LTD, as do several others on the list. I bought mine
> | from bmecovers.com at the recommendation of the list.
>
> I swear, I should ask that guy for a cut of the sales he's gotten off
> the list :)
>
> | I've been considering a hard tonneau for the added durability and
> | security. I probably won't bother, though. It'd nice to be able to
> | remove the cover so easily... not to mention that the actual cover will
> | fold up and fit in my back seat.
>
> Obviously this varies from area to area, but I've had no security
> trouble w/ my soft tonneaus. For the most part, out of sight, out of
> mind - if someone's screwing around w/ the truck in a parking lot, it
> may look suspicious if they never approach the doors to make it look
> like they have business in the cab too.
>
> - --
> - -andy
>
> http://home.rochester.rr.com/alevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us

I've always felt that if you are looking for security in your bed, you
should buy a van or an SUV. I don't think I ever really understood why
guys buy a pickup, put a hard cap on the back and then pack it full of
tools. There are other vehicles better suited for that.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota