Re: 1998 alternator in a GenII

From: WiLieR[SS] (waffle787@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 16:55:38 EDT

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:01:11 +0000, Brett Forehand
<brett4hand@hotmail.com> wrote:

> This would be a great mod write up for the DML home page!
>
> Brett Forehand
> '94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto

That is a good idea! Tell ya what, let me get some time this weekend
and I will do a full write up and take pics of my newly installed 136
amp alt in my 96 Dakota. Perhaps we can get someone who is about to
do the same style install on an older style alternator (before the
premade plug deal) to add to the write up. The labor part is the same
as replacing any other alternator, the only difference is in the
brackets that are cast into the housing of the alternator. Once I get
done I will submit the pics and everything for the DML FAQ page and
then we can add the pics of the pre-wiring plug in once someone gets
their swap finished. Matter of fact, I can start on it now. Look for
it soon!

WiLieR[SS]
www.shamikaserver.com