Re: Removal of 02 sensor

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 21:42:14 EDT

On Sep 2, 2004, at 17:22, Jay & Dana wrote:

> Would it hurt the 02 sensor if I gave it a couple of shots of
> penetrating
> oil before removing, as it's quite stuck?

I wouldn't worry about using penetrating oil on them. First - it beats
the hell out of snapping it off, regardless of any possible damage.
Second, consider what they're putting up with in their application -
half of them is stuck in possibly fuel-rich air at a couple hundred
degrees, and the other end is out in the slush, salt, grime, etc, along
with anything the happens to be dripping off your truck. Som PB
B'laster isn't going to bother them. Put on some anti-seize when you
reassemble =)

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'84 RamCharger Daily Driver       '98 Dakota under the knife